Association of Swiss technical Industries for Film, Video and Sound
Verband Schweizerischer Filmtechnischer und Audiovisueller Betriebe
Association suisse des industries techniques de l'image et du son
Associazione Svizzera delle Industrie tecniche dell'immagine e del suono
The ASITIS promotes the allocation of legal contracts for film and TV productions, notably for productions sponsored by public contribution.
The ASITIS ensures that subcontracts for service orders by TV enterprises conform to the laws and concessions.
In the case of conflicting interests the ASITIS takes action in agreement with the Swiss film and video associations.
The ASITIS promotes the further training of technicians; it offers those interested visits to film and video industries, and periods of short-term or medium-term further training.
A study group is elaborating clear concepts, so as to provide a more precise definition for the level of technical quality of a production.
National and International Contacts
The ASITIS cooperates closely with the Swiss film and cinema organizations; it is represented on the board of the parent organization, CinéSuisse.
The ASITIS is in regular contact with
- The Federal Office for Culture (section film/cinema)
- he federal Office for Communication (section radio and TV)
- The Swiss Broadcast Company SRG/SSR (general management, studio managements, program managers, etc.)
The ASITIS has a seat on the Federal Film Commission, and participates in the examination of laws, ordinances, demands for concessions in the realm of cinema, TV, copyright.
The ASITIS secretary
- represents Swiss interests on the advisory committee of the European Audiovisual Information Office in Strasburg.
- is general secretary of the FEITIS, the European parent organization of technical Industries for film and video.
Structures of the Association
c/o Masé SA
8 rue des Maraîchers
1205 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel. 022 322 80 80
Philippe Probst, Barrister
Fuhrer, Marbach & Ass.
Tel. +41 31 382 44 33, Fax +41 31 382 46 42